Crooked and overlapped teeth can cause both medical and cosmetic issues. This is not something you have to live with. Our dedicated dentists can use a variety of treatments to straighten your teeth.
What are Crooked Teeth?
Crooked teeth do not fit together as they should. This can cause overlapping of teeth, gaps in the teeth and more. If you suffer from crooked teeth you can have this fixed with orthodontic dentistry. We can work together to get your teeth aligned to where they should be.
Crooked teeth can cause problems if left untreated. These include:
- Issues with chewing
- Strain on the teeth and jaw. This can lead to took breakage.
- Crooked teeth can be difficult to clean. This can result in problems with the gums, tooth decay and more.
- Crooked teeth can affect the way you feel about your appearance. Smiling, talking and laughing can become an issue.
What Causes Crooked Teeth?
There are many reasons why your teeth may be crooked or overlapped. It could be that your mouth is too small for your teeth, your upper and lower jaw are not the same size, early loss of adult teeth and more. Crooked teeth can be a dental issue for both children and adults.
You can help your children to avoid crooked teeth in the future. Try and stop your child from sucking their thumb. This can cause the teeth to grow out of shape over time. The same is said for pacifiers and bottles. Prolonged use of these can cause crooked teeth when they are adults.
Have You Got Crooked Teeth?
You will be able to see whether you have crooked teeth just by looking in the mirror. However, there are symptoms that can appear that are more than just the teeth’s physical appearance. The best way to get diagnosed and to get treatment is to visit the dentist, however here are some signs of crooked teeth.
- Difficulty biting
- Discomfort while chewing
- Speech problems such as a lisp
- Unusual appearance of the face
- Incorrect alignment of the teeth
If you have concerns about your dental health talk to your dentist.
What Can You Do to Fix Crooked Teeth?
At Painfree Dentistry we offer a variety of treatments to fix crooked teeth. Our solutions can vary from patient to patient as every case is different but have a look at some of the treatments we provide.
- Metal Braces – Braces are a traditional treatment that is very effective.
- Clear Braces – Clear braces fix crooked teeth discreetly.
- Invisalign – Invisalign is a clear aligner that will subtly correct teeth over time.
- Porcelain Veneers – Veneers don’t correct the problem but can improve the appearance of your teeth. This is a good option for mild overcrowding.
Our dentists will discuss treatment with you every step of the way. We offer efficient and successful treatments to give you the smile you have always wanted. Contact our team today. You can inquire about our treatments, book a consultation, discuss any dental concerns and more. We are here to help!