The BEST FOODS to support a healthy SMILE 🍉🍇🥪
January 1st 1970 | News and Blog
1. GREENS: Leafy green vegetables such as kale and spinach are high in CALCIUM, which builds your teeth’s enamel. They also contain folic acid, a type of B VITAMIN which according to MedlinePlus, can treat gum disease. Celery is another green which massages your gums, and produces more saliva to neutralise acids in the mouth.
2. MEATS & POULTRY: While too much red meat is bad for your health, meat along with milk, fish, eggs and poultry are rich in PROTIEN & PHOSPHURUS, which are vital to the development of healthy bones and teeth.
3. NUTS: Nuts are rich in protein that helps to strengthen and protect your teeth. The chewing of nuts also aids in stimulating SALIVA PRODUCTION, which not only cleans your teeth, but neutralises the bacteria which causes tooth decay.
4. FRUITS: While you should steer clear of sweet foods, there are exceptions. Citrus fruits such as apples and oranges, are high in FIBRE and WATER, which rinses away bacteria and food particles. An apple is PERFECT after a meal.
5. YOGHURT & CHEESE: A study by the American Academy of General Dentistry in 2013 found that eating cheese raised the pH in the subjects’ mouths and lowered their risk of tooth decay. Like cheese, yoghurt is also high in calcium and protein.
If you have any questions or would like to come in for a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact us on: (02) 9635 5166 or visit painfreedentistry.com.au