5 tips to OVERCOME Dental fear and anxiety 🦷💪🙌
September 29th 2020 | News and Blog
1. COMMUNICATE your fears and anxiety: It is best to let your dentist know about your anxiety and fears. This will allow your dentist to tailor a plan suited for your needs. Dentists will create signals if you want to take breaks or stop treatment if you become uncomfortable.
2. Bring a FRIEND with you: Having someone you know and trust at your side can make a big difference, especially if they are a naturally calming person. This works with many younger children, but is just as effective for adults.
3. RELEXATION techniques: try practising deep breathing before coming to the dentist, which involves breathing in and out slowly. We also provide distractions such as music and stress balls to relieve your stress.
4. Consider SEDATION: Whether you are undergoing an implant procedure or a clean, you should speak to your dentist about sedation (feeling of deep relaxation) or local anaesthetic (which numbs the mouth) and prevents pain.
5. Choose the RIGHT DENTIST: Painfree Dentistry is a family-oriented practice with a relaxed atmosphere and friendly environment. We listen to your concerns and are transparent. Our dentists have a combined professional experience of over 50 years.
If you have any questions or would like to come in for a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact us on: (02) 9635 5166 or visit painfreedentistry.com.au