Lasers have revolutionised dentistry. We use this advanced dental laser technology to preform cutting edge dentistry for our patients. Lasers allow us to preform dental functions without damaging or changing the tissues around the treatment area and around your mouth. The dental laser is a concentrated beam of light and can easily perform functions in small spaces of your mouth.
There is a different type of laser for each procedure. There is little sound and sometimes no sound when the laser treatment is being performed. It’s a lot better than the sound of a drill which patients do not like so much! Lasers can be used for a wide range of treatments that include: diagnosis, fillings, gum disease therapy, treatment for sensitive teeth, gum contouring and lifts, crown lengthening, root canal treatments, frenectomies & tongue ties and minor surgery.
– For diagnosis a special laser can be used to detect tooth decay and this is done with a diagnodent laser.
– Laser dentistry can not only detect tooth decay but it can treat it to. A laser can be used to remove decay and restore your tooth with a white filing. You will be comfortable throughout the treatment because it is painless.
Gum Disease Laser Therapy
– Gum disease is very common. It can cause a variety of problems from bad breath to lose of teeth. It can also be passed on to other people from kissing and sharing utensils. Lasers can offer a solution that costs less and is less traumatic. It is a less invasive treatment that is painless with no swelling. You will heal quickly so you can carry on with daily life and it will save money and time overall.
Sensitive Teeth and Fluoride
– Lasers help patients with sensitive teeth. Sensitive teeth will cause discomfort after drinking cold drinks, breathing cold air or eating cold food like ice-cream. The most common cause of sensitive teeth is the receding of gums. When gums disappear the root of the tooth can be exposed which result in pain when triggered by food, drink or air. Lasers can be used with fluoride treatments to reduce sensitivity. The effectiveness varies for each patient but the sensitivity can be reduced for up to 12 months. Dental lasers assist fluoride in the teeth which will provide improved protection against tooth decay.
Gum Contouring and Gum Lifts
– Gum levels can need correcting for certain cosmetic procedures. Before crowns and veneers are fitted the gums are treated to make sure the gums are level and the appearance is equal. Laser treatment is also used for a gummy smile. A gummy smile is when too much gum tissue is shown. Lasers can be used to remove the excess to create a balanced appearance. With lasers, gums and bone can be reshaped quickly and painlessly.
– This is a special procedure that is like a gum lift. Crown lengthening is performed around teeth that are broken or that have been filled below the gum line. Our dentists will discuss this procedure with you if it is recommended.
Root Canal Treatment
– Lasers are great at getting rid of bacteria that causes infected root canals. This is a quick and effective treatment that cleans the root more thoroughly than traditional techniques. No bacteria will be left behind and can be removed without damaging tissue.
Frenectomies & Tongue Ties
– Many people have a condition where the lips and tongues are held to tightly by the frenum ligament. This can cause speech impediments and more. Generally, this procedure can be quite painful with a long healing time. However, lasers can painless remove the tissue which means you can carry on with daily life and eat normally.
– Surgeries performed with lasers will heal faster. The treatment area will be sterilised and sealed which transforms procedures and aftercare. It is the way forward in creating pain free dentistry.
Contacts us today to hear more about laser dentistry. Our helpful team will book you an appointment to discuss any of these treatment options. We want to help solve your issues efficiently and successfully.
We are strong believers in monitoring your children’s teeth and gums from an early stage, to help prevent, detect and treat potential problems before they become too serious. And naturally, all the friendly Painfree Dentistry Parramatta team will be only to happy to help teach your child the right way to care for their teeth and gums at home.