Invisalign for discrete teeth straightening
A lot of people have crooked or slighted crooked teeth and cannot stand the thought of wearing metal braces that look unsightly and also make maintaining oral hygiene much more difficult.
Wearing metal braces is often associated with childhood and this is a stigma that may discourage many adults to undergo orthodontic treatment. However there is a solution for those that want straighter teeth without going through the potential embarrassment of wearing metal braces.
Are you looking for Invisalign in Parramatta?
Invisalign is one of the most well established invisible braces systems for the straightening of teeth in a discrete manner. A more recent system of clear aligners is the UK based company clearstep, which essentially works in a similar manner. They are referred to as “Invisible braces” because instead of traditional wire braces a series of see-through clear aligners are worn that function to position your teeth to the position that you want.
What are the advantages of invisible braces?
1. The treatment is very discrete.
2. The clear aligners are fabricated specifically for each individual patient and the feedback from patients using this system is largely positive mainly because of the excellent results and also because the aligners are completely transparent and difficult to detect.
3. The treatment is comfortable.
4. Patients that have experienced the pain and irritation of wearing metal braces will find Invisalign braces more comfortable as they do not react with the gum tissue or have an abrasive action, which is sometimes experienced with metal braces.
5. You can eat normally and clean your teeth easily.
6. One of the main complaints with wire braces is that food can get trapped or stuck behind the wires and bands and can be difficult to clean. This build up can then manifest itself as plaque and affect your oral health sometimes leading to problems such as gum disease and bad breath. With Invisalign braces you can remove the aligners to eat the foods of your choice and you can brush and floss your teeth as you normally would, enabling you to maintain a healthy oral hygiene programme.
In summary with Invisalign
– You can take your aligners out to eat, brush and floss.
– Change to a new set of aligners every two weeks.
– Your teeth gradually move position over time.
– Your progress is checked at regular intervals by your dentist.
– The time for completion varies from 6 months to a year.
– Most people won’t even notice you’re wearing aligners.
– Won’t disrupt your lifestyle.
– No metal wires or bands to irritate your teeth and gums.
Can invisalign be used for all treatments ?
Not all cases of misaligned and crooked teeth can be treated with invisalign and your dentist or orthodontist will be able to advise you on the best course of treatment. Severe cases may been traditional wire braces although if you want a more discrete solution lingual braces can be used which are fixed to the back surfaces of your teeth.
What is the procedure and how does it work?
1. We will assess your teeth and bite and will take a set of impressions of your teeth and photographs.
2. A CT scan (Computerised Tomography or CAT scan) is used to create an accurate 3 dimensional digital model of your teeth from the impressions of your teeth.
3. A special patented software is then used to create a simulation of the movement of your teeth from their original position to the final aligned position.
4. An Invisalign appointed orthodontist will then assess the simulation and make any adjustments that mey be required. Once the treatment plan is fully approved the aligners will be fabricated.
5. Invisalign then uses advanced stereolithography (SLA) technology based on the digital simulation information to build precise moulds of your teeth at each stage of your treatment (every 2 weeks).
6. Your custom-created clear aligners are made using these models of your teeth and are then couriered to your dentist or orthodontist.
7. On your next visit to the practice you will receive your new aligners, switching to new aligners every couple of weeks as your teeth gradually move. It is very important that you wear the aligners for at least 20 hours a day removing them only to eat and clean your teeth. You will visit your invisalign dentist regularly for progress checks so that he or she can determine if everything is going to plan.
How much does Invisalign cost?
The cost of treatment will vary depending on the severity of your case, how many sets of aligners are needed and where you have it done. Treatment cost will vary anywhere between $3500 and $7000 depending on the case , a consultation with US will give you the opportunity to discuss prices.
Please feel free to call us on (02) 9635 5166 for a free consultation to discuss your treatment. Our dental clinic is located at 77 Marion St Harris Park NSW 2150.
Interested in working with a cosmetic dentist who appreciates your needs and comfort?